October 27, 2021, 01:46:01 AM

Author Topic: C3 Voice Chat - Check it Out!  (Read 7527 times)

Offline Eroda

• Favour: 494
  • Comfortably Numb
  • Awards Lifetime Award - For being a dedicated member for over 4 years
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Alt Name: Konbad
  • Main Name: eroda
Re: C3 Voice Chat - Check it Out!
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2012, 12:24:42 AM »
wouldn't surprise me if this company gave out your details to spammers to pay for their awesome free service
but after a quick Google, Voice Quality Lower than Mumble, laggier than vent, high bandwidth use to due integration with failbook etc, oh and it hogs resources..

Mumble still wins,

PS i also like how they let you make "free" long distance phone calls and SMS's etc wonder how thats being paid for
« Last Edit: May 24, 2012, 12:26:51 AM by Kon »

Offline Ariel Rin

• Favour: -347
  • Alts: Ariel Rin, Cyclopedia
  • Awards RD Award - for attending 2 guild meets Lifetime Award - For being a dedicated member for over 4 years
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Alt Name: Soratidus999
  • Main Name: Ariel Rin
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2012, 03:10:48 AM »
lol ive used the vivox services before

dunno if it was just eve online, but it was shockingly terrabad

almost impossible to understand and had near a second delay when used at the same time as mumble

oh and Kon the free calls are to facebook friends only... of which facebook already has a native ability to do so
« Last Edit: May 24, 2012, 03:12:07 AM by soratidus999 »

Offline Eroda

• Comfortably Numb
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2012, 03:57:24 AM »
wouldn't know don't have failbook, i believe it will be the destruction of us all

Offline wyldmojo

• Favour: -5
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2012, 11:34:43 AM »
Glad to see you all are trying it out.

I just want to be clear, we absolutely will not be giving out your information. Vivox has been working with gaming companies for over 5 years and that is where our revenue is generated. C3 is our stand alone solution that works off the same technology. 

In terms of free calling you can dial anyone in US Canada and PR for free and also call & text your Facebook friends for free.

We also give you the ability to add a phone number to your channel so friends and members can call in from the road.

Sorry to hear you have had poor experiences previously, but in terms of quality in a vacuum, we have tested and Vivox has the highest KHz out of all the solutions out there. If there are specific issues or times you have had trouble, please pass them on to me and I can send them over to our support team.

Keep trying it out and let me know what's working for you and what's not, we are always trying to make improvements.

-WyldMojo

Offline Eroda

• Comfortably Numb
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2012, 02:25:28 PM »
Improvements:

Rethink You Marketing Strategy, it aint working....

Offline Ariel Rin

• Favour: -347
  • Alts: Ariel Rin, Cyclopedia
  • Awards RD Award - for attending 2 guild meets Lifetime Award - For being a dedicated member for over 4 years
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Alt Name: Soratidus999
  • Main Name: Ariel Rin
C3 Voice Chat - Check it Out!
« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2012, 07:22:24 PM »
Improvements: ... Don't bullshit, oh you have the highest kHz solution out there

Because that makes the difference, did you consider the compression could be terrible and ends up chopping out everything you actually want..

Oh and as for problems, sure it was when we had the POS in wormhole... So round about August last year, we were using eve voice as backup while scheduled maintenance happened on our mumble server for about half an hour

Around 2 in the morning gmt10, we had three people in a eve voice channel and every high and low in pasitos voice was extremely exaggerated and resulted in a very annoying noise that resembled human speech, whereas leezor sounded like he was talking through a mouthfull of sand

Both had near a second delays and this continued once we had mumble back, which was working fantastically despite eve voice giving us so many troubles

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - Now I can troll harlequin on the move