July 25, 2021, 04:58:08 PM

Author Topic: Mortal Online release in March  (Read 12079 times)

Offline Ukrai

• Governer General
  • Favour: 402
  • Leadership through jollification
  • Awards RL Award Gold - For attending 4 or more guild meets Lifetime Award - For being a dedicated member for over 4 years Guild Leader
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Main Name: Ukrai
Re: Mortal Online release in March
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2010, 02:33:03 AM »
By content I mean things that involve lore. I know it is a sandbox game, however there is nothing in the game that explains any lore. None of the NPC's inform you of any happenings in the world. There are no quests. Hell even the main website doesn't explain all the races yet.

All I want is MO to be successful, not go "well it is just coming out of beta and has more than other games". I don't think the release date should be based on getting sick of your character being wiped.

im not going to argue with you whanny… oh wait yes I am 

This game doesn’t have quests or really any lore, its designed to be entirely player run (well as much as possible anyway), ive never really been into lore myself anyway, take age of conan for example, good game, full of lore and quests, had 100 times more fun in pvp and guild fights/grouping than anything else, the quests were just a way to level faster, so with a game without levels, I don’t need quests.

MO’s lore will be built around what the guilds do, the politics and battle and empire creation, destruction and war, alliances and backstabbing etc, with palisades, gates and keeps in it will add a big layer to this (just ignore the forum winging that will inevitably follow though).

I know I sound a bit like a fanboy but to be honest, I think I am, I havnt experienced this kind of immersion in an MMO since EQ1 and that only had PVP/PVE and a bunch of quests that were mostly the same rat-tail collection types.

Offline Mahlron

• Favour: -663
  • Awards Lifetime Award - For being a dedicated member for over 4 years
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Alt Name: Bahlron
  • Main Name: Mahlron
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2010, 03:22:07 AM »
You can have all the lore you want, but I'd prefer they just work on having good game mechanics first. If the game mechanics are horrible, I doubt people will stick around just because it has good lore. Don't get me wrong, it IS important - I love my lore too (hell, that's why I still have an inkling of an interest in WoW).

Besides, the devs have stated that there will be in-depth lore on all the races. I believe they plan to introduce religion as well. Not to mention something about unique powerful creatures that will have certain effects on world events when alive and killed. Ok fair enough, all this stuff has yet to be introduced, but I'm just saying that the devs do have big plans for lore - they just want to make sure that their game is working properly first.

Offline Ragen

• Favour: -68
  • Awards Lifetime Award - For being a dedicated member for over 4 years RL Award: For attending an RL guild meet
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2010, 01:41:34 AM »
I just hope they let us do recreational things... Fightings fun and all, and im sure crafting and slag hauling is fun for those select few who like those things... But like... I want to play games with clan mates in our downtime too ... Cards or dice games or someshit!... I heard UO had things like that, or was it EQ? I donno... But Darkfall failed me in that department and so I came up with some pretty stupid games. Which never worked due to clannies being asshats and just wanting to PK each other.  :D

Offline Ukrai

• Governer General
  • Awards RL Award Gold - For attending 4 or more guild meets Lifetime Award - For being a dedicated member for over 4 years Guild Leader
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2010, 01:47:28 AM »
you havnt heard of the naked horse race olympics?

Offline Starayo

• Favour: 93
  • Once punched a shark.
  • Awards Lifetime Award - For being a dedicated member for over 4 years RL Award: For attending an RL guild meet Star of Allegience - For contributions to the clan outside of the game
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Alt Name: Geralt
  • Main Name: Morrigan
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2010, 02:22:48 AM »
Dude. Tamable chickens.

Cockfighting rings!

Offline Ukrai

• Governer General
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2010, 02:52:35 AM »
Dude. Tamable chickens.

Cockfighting rings!

lol dude! best idea ever! im so setting this up in our guild house, take bets :)

Offline Whanny

• Councillor
  • Favour: 430
  • We're not rappers, we're an urban band.
  • Awards Golden Dragon Award - For leading the clan to victory RL Award 3 - For attending 3 guild meets Lifetime Award - For being a dedicated member for over 4 years Assimilation Award: For recruiting many quality members to the guild
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2010, 09:02:54 AM »
Would it be racist to say we should do it at Morin Khur?

Offline Olek

• Councillor
  • Favour: -123
  • Awards RD Award - for attending 2 guild meets Lifetime Award - For being a dedicated member for over 4 years Platinum Hammer - For contributions in Crafting
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2010, 11:28:23 AM »
I agree with you whanny when you speak of lore and content, Its not as much as I would like but at the same time I'm sure it will come, they are constantly adding and patching, In regards to quests, I think that we have done that kind of shit to death in other games, collect 5 wolf skins, kill 10 orcs, bring back the golden dildo of the dark succubus....
I do think that they need more time, but I'm not about to join the game a few months in because I will be playing catch up, also because I would be letting down the clan members who start day one, not to mention that the first month is free.

I have no problems investing some money for at least a few months to help SV make this a really good game.

Offline Raolin

• Ex-Member
  • Favour: 4
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2010, 11:37:46 AM »
As long as there is a grind, and a big grind, ill be happy.
That, and i want another game where soloing to max level/max skills is almost impossible - forcing group play. Maybe that sounds stupid, but just my 2 centipedes.

Offline Starayo

• Favour: 93
  • Once punched a shark.
  • Awards Lifetime Award - For being a dedicated member for over 4 years RL Award: For attending an RL guild meet Star of Allegience - For contributions to the clan outside of the game
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Alt Name: Geralt
  • Main Name: Morrigan
« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2010, 11:47:20 AM »
That, and i want another game where soloing to max level/max skills is almost impossible - forcing group play. Maybe that sounds stupid, but just my 2 centipedes.

Offline Ragen

• Favour: -68
  • Awards Lifetime Award - For being a dedicated member for over 4 years RL Award: For attending an RL guild meet
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2010, 09:42:46 PM »

Go play Darkfall. I can guarantee you that there is a massive grind. Like none you've ever seen.

Offline Nikolai

• Favour: -507
  • Awards RL Award: For attending an RL guild meet Lifetime Award - For being a dedicated member for over 4 years
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Main Name: Nikolai
« Reply #23 on: March 17, 2010, 10:10:00 PM »
WHAT WOULD YOU KNOW YOU HAVEN'T EVEN PLAYED THE GAME LATELY!!!!!!!!!
I need Beanz for my soup!