October 23, 2018, 12:45:32 PM

Author Topic: Ello!  (Read 1127 times)

Offline mkarsikko

• Favour: 0
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Ello!
« on: March 25, 2016, 06:12:35 AM »
So, newbie here, from the land of Angry Birds and late Nokia, currently doing Psychology Master’s Thesis on game playing preferences. Hah. If it’s alright with mods, I’m here to promote my online survey. It contains questions like why do you play, how much, what type of games e.g, as well as questions from positive psychological view. What I mean by it is that we want to see the positive effects of gaming. The survey takes about 15 to 20 mins. I know this is long, but all the questions are well thought through and important. So use your time when filling it! Thanks!

Here’s the link to the survey. It guides to webropol, commonly used survey site. Google it! :P
https://www.webropolsurveys.com/S/D5F22C5C1626F81D.par

Offline mkarsikko

• View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Ello!
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2016, 06:33:51 AM »
Will close the survey link tomorrow night. So if you were about to answer it, you still have time :)

Offline Glorion

• Councillor
  • Favour: 130
  • Rage is my Bitch.
  • Awards Kodiak Award: For being a proud Kodiak member RL Award 3 - For attending 3 guild meets Lifetime Award - For being a dedicated member for over 4 years
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2016, 02:16:49 AM »
Hi mate, what sort of Masters are you doing, clinical? I'm particularly interested in gaming addiction and am wondering if your thesis will be looking into that aspect as well, or is it purely based on the positive outcomes of gaming? As for your supervisor, is their research gaming-centric as well? I haven't come across much solid research (other than Van Rooij, and a few others), seems like there is a lot of potential in this topic..

Offline mkarsikko

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2016, 05:08:44 AM »
Hi mate, what sort of Masters are you doing, clinical? I'm particularly interested in gaming addiction and am wondering if your thesis will be looking into that aspect as well, or is it purely based on the positive outcomes of gaming? As for your supervisor, is their research gaming-centric as well? I haven't come across much solid research (other than Van Rooij, and a few others), seems like there is a lot of potential in this topic..

Yep, clinical psychology. No, only the positive effects :) That's a field not that many understand to research. And yes, this is part of my supervisors research. But there's a lot more to the survey too, just want to see the correlations between the different questions, e.g. what people like to do in it and get from it.

Offline mkarsikko

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2016, 06:33:09 AM »
And yeah, the last day has come! :'(